Friday, January 2, 2009

January 1, 2009

Murray: Hey sitter! Do you know what time it is? It's time to go run in the park! No walking today! It's way too cold out! Let's see if you can keep up with an old dog like me! When we get back in Delilah can get some attention from you while I box Mr. Bungle! I won't hurt him though! Promise! But he keeps messing with me!

Bob: The sitter came this morning. Way too early for me to get myself up out of bed. When I woke up I had a whole lot more food and the water tasted fresh.

Alice, Libby, Abby & Squeezy: O boy! The sitter is here! That means cuddle pile and belly rubs. Even Abby came for some rubs. Plus breakfast and playtime outside. I'm so excited I can't contain myself.


Beemer: I barked at the sitter at first but then I remembered her and we were friends. Bruschi bolted outside to potty and play. It's a little chilly this morning so he ran back inside when the sitter said it was breakfast time.

Rufus: I met the sitter at the door. I really needed to go out for a potty break. We had a great time!

Jiggy: The sitter came over this morning to give us some food and play with us a bit. I walked right up to him and said hello. Really what I was saying was "hey man, make with the food!" but he doesn't have to know that!
George: the sitter gave me a good brushing today and some of the other cats started to get jealous of the attention I was getting so the sitter had to switch gears and juggle the brush between multiple cats!
Misty: I stayed in the living room and waited patiently for the food plate to be put in front of me! Talk about service! When the brush made it's appearance, I was all over that sitter!
Spook: I didn't really feel like joining in on the fun the other cats were having in the living room. I'm still taking my kitty nap. Come back later!

Lily & Blue: We were both just sitting on the bed, watching the sitter from our room. If he took a step towards us, we took a step away so he decided not to come try and pet us. We're just staying on our guard, you know? We stick together. We thanked him anyways for giving us food and water and cleaning out our box for us.

Bonnie: I was full of energy today and kept sliding on the floor because I was jumping all over the place! Cassie was starved and licked all the bowls clean! She was looking for more food but we weren't sharing with her! Sarah let the sitter pet her today. She was a very brave girl!

Big Boy - The other cats decided to stay in their respective hiding spots as usual but I was there to say hello to the sitter. I didn't get up or anything, i just watched him from my favorite spot on the couch. I'll get to all that food that he put out, once he leaves. He cleaned out our boxes too and gave me a good head scratching on the way out. I'll tell the other kitties that he said hello.

Jiggy: I was so talkative when the sitter was here. I was meowing quite ferociously when he was getting our canned food ready. It sounded pretty demanding to be honest with you. But because I'm so cute, the sitter said it didn't bother him!
George: I was walking around with the sitter, following him everywhere he went. I was just curious to see what he was doing to our boxes and all that. Cleaning them is a-ok with me. thanks for the food, too!
Misty: The sitter started to scartch me in just the right spot that it made me plop over onto my side. It was too much for me. i told him to stop but he wouldn't listen! it's like when someone pins you down to tickle you: you're still laughing but you want it to stop!
Spook: I stayed hiding...either that or sleeping. It's hard to tell when you're a cat. Some days we spend so much time sleeping that all the hours in the day just kind of melt together and we forgetwhen we're awake.

Jackson: We need attention! Nina actually wants some too! She doesn't need too much, but i do! Pet me while I roll around on the floor! And please make our food drop! I can't wait until dinnertime!

Hamilton: The sitter's here! It's time to eat! Woohoo! We can devour a big bowl of food in less than three seconds flat! We are champions! Now throw this ball! It's fetch time! Hey, Crunch won't put it down! We're trying to play a game here Crunch!

Jackson - The sitter came over tonight to make sure we had fresh water and clean out our box. Then he just sat down with us to give us some attention. He started to scratch me and got me to roll all around the kitchen. he said it was like a dog, the way I was rolling over. the nerve of that guy, comparing me to one of those dumb slobbery animals!
Nina - The sitter tried to play with me again tonight but i really just don't feel like playing when he's here. He got the brush out and i liked that for a while but i just wanted good old plain scratches on the head. Before he left, he cheated a little bit and gave us a tiny bit of food from our feeders before the timer went off. It was small but man, was it delicious!

Crunch - The sitter came by tonight and I was a little scared again. there were people still shooting off fireworks. They weren't that frequent but enough to get me all nervous. As soon as the siter opened the door to the deck, I was inside. He calmed me down a little and then put us in the garage before it was time to go.
Hamilton - Poor Crunch, He's pretty nervous. I'm feeling alright because the fireworks aren't too bad. I tried to tell him to calm down but he just won't have any of that. It's a good thing the sitter showed up because having him here helped crunch feel better!

Aspen - That sitter is so silly, he put my harness on upside down the first time! We can't go on a walk like that! It was alot colder tonight than last night, the sitter looked pretty coold. Too bad he doesn't have this awesome winter coat permanently attached to his body!
Jackson - I was more receptive to the sitter tonight because I recorgnized him a little, een though it was a buit dark outside and i didn't want to go in to get my harness put on. We had a nice walk, otherwise. I wanted to stop and investigate every smell. Aspen kept trying to eat pinecones!

No comments: